Monday, June 2

Instant Messaging.
The bane of my existence for some ten odd years now.
In those years, I've used more than twenty user names, or 'screen names', as we've come to know them. Why? Because it's so very easy to display to the public your intellectual creativity.

This topic brings me back to my favorite; being the most original, and individualized person in the room. Alas, I have fallen victim to this time and again, and my choice in screen names falls under no different a heading.

I will admit that I do enjoy to positives to using various instant messenger services...having all of my friends available at the click of a mouse is indeed a bonus to communication. But I can't find it in my heart to appreciate the anonymity of instant messaging. In truth, unless you have access to video chatting software, you never really know who you're talking to.
Who really enjoys that aspect? Sure, when someone gives you the screen name they use, you can assume that you're going to be talking to them when you instant message the given screen name.
But is this always the case? Nope.
There are also the cases of "random IM's". I'm not a huge fan of receiving messages from people who think it's amusing to NOT TELL you who they are.
Love that.
Perhaps I'm being unfair. I suppose that in this situation, the pros outweigh the cons.
I find myself getting frustrated to no end with the Internet in general, and if you're going to read my posts, you're going to have to get used to my generalized hatred for the tool.

Haha, on to bigger and more interesting topics.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
i am young, though every sunrise brings another aching muscle, another sore joint. i am wise, though every mistake holds consequences, and every hurt makes room for emptiness. I will one day rise; face myself, and let knowledge run rampant.